- Multidimensional phase space defined by a species' resource requirements
- Condition actually constraining population size is the limiting factor (less than needed or more than tolerated)
- Niche that a species could theoretically occupy is its fundamental niche
- Actually occupied niche is the realized niche
- Are communities dominated by niche-assembly or dispersal-assembly rules?
- Species that significantly affects the rest of the community in disproportion to its relative abundance
- e.g. Wolves in Yellowstone Park, Sea Otter, Grizzly Bear, Beaver
Brian M Napoletano